This checklist is able to be copied and pasted into phabricator hardware request tasks for reclaiming systems to spare or decom.
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use (T173094)
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
- - any service group puppet/hiera/dsh config removed
- - remove site.pp (replace with role::spare if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.)
We already migrated all the data to stat1006 (home dirs, etc...) so in theory we could proceed straight away with the decom, but I'd wait up to Monday (Sept 11th) before starting to allow any last minute request from the old stat1003 users.
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - disable puppet on host
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal) - asw-c-eqiad:ge-4/0/19
- - remove production dns entries
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate, salt key removed
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - mgmt dns entries removed.