As discussed in T178492 we want to create isolated WDQS clusters for internal / trusted traffic. This should replicate the existing wdqs clusters.
Specs (can be adapted to fit a more standard configuration):
- 3 nodes in codfw + 3 nodes in eqiad = 6 nodes
- CPU 16 core hyperthreaded (currently Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz)
- 128 GB RAM
- 800GB of available RAIDed SSD (2x800GB SSD)
@EBjune can you confirm we have a budget for this?
Details for hw-request/procurement
This task was created and currently lives in the public space, in #hw-requests. As such, it cannot have quote/totals posted directly into this task. All price discussion will have to take place in the procurement sub-tasks.
Since this is for two sites, there will have to be two procurement tasks (one task per order.) I'll (@RobH) will create them and link them off this task. I'll only process 1 of the 2 right away, and get a working quote/specification with the vendor.
The last order of wdqs systems was on T166780, however the quote from that task CANNOT be linked in this public task. Rather, I'll just list off the hardware of the past system here, but the sub-task for a codfw quote will follow and have full pricing details:
wdqs100 are the most recent purchase of wdqs systems.
- Dell Poweredge R430
- Please note that the R430 only allows 4 dimm slots dedicated to CPU2 (there are 12 slots total, but 8 go to CPU 1 only). This config has 4 total dimms, 2 going to CPU2.
- Dual Intel Xeon E5-2620 v4 (2.10GHz 8 cores)
- 128GB RAM
- no hardware raid, onboard sata controller only
- Dual Intel S3520 800 GB SSD
- 1 Gbit (onboard) network card (4 ports)
- drac enterprise
- dual psu (3' c13/c14 power cables)
- no bezel, no optical
- rails without cable management
All quotations will be on the sub-task for the codfw system purchase, task T183201. NOT on this task. Please see sub-task T183201 for all followup. Once the codfw quotation is agreed upon, @RobH will make another sub-task for the eqiad purchase.