In VE, the autocomplete (search) link selection tolerates some scope of typos. That toleration works for English and other more or less analytic languages.
However, the synthetic languages have endings that aren't ignored by the autocomplete. That causes users to fix little regular things again and again, whenever they want to add a link. Please have a look at an example, Polish plural endings.
In Polish, when I add a link to an article entitled "Sąd Najwyższy Stanów Zjednoczonych" (US Supreme Court) in a sentence where the genitive case is correct ("Sądu Najwyższego Stanów Zjednoczonych"), I don't have to change the first word (-u is like a typo) but I have to do it with the second one (y -> ego). It gets messy when more words have endings. And I didn't mention Finnish and alike (e.g. very simple changes: Helsinki -> Helsingissä or talo -> taloissani).
Each language has its specific endings. It's impossible to list all of those for all the languages in one place. Instead, you could allow wikis to set "tolerated typos" on their local pages. Just like it has been done with Citoid.