Page MenuHomePhabricator

Username not recognized by the extension
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Please see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:U801mdy3fmmn4fhh -- while trying to add myself as a "publisher" for that newsletter (Newsletter^2) the list does not recognize my username.

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptFeb 20 2018, 9:58 PM

I see

  • MarcoAurelio
  • MarcoAurelio (test)
  • MarcoAurelio (test2)

Letter case is important. "Marcoa..." will bring a different set of usernames than "MarcoA..."

Quim, I've tried all forms. No success... I'll try again in few minutes and see if you trying to add me refreshed the list of usernames for some reason.

Beats me...

Troll extension... heh.

So what might be the cause for this? I guess people is allowed to self-add themselves? If not that might be the issue.

Yes, people can add themselves. I have no idea about what is going on here...

I've created https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Newsletter:Test-Newsletter-T187834. The system put me as publisher as creator. Still if I remove my username and try to re-add it, it does not recognize it. Want me to debug this with X-Wikimedia-Debug or something else? IRC chat? Regards.

MarcoAurelio (test) and MarcoAurelio (test 2) are both recognized.

I've been doing some console testing with &debug=true as well. I get this:

code: "internal_api_error_MWException"
info: "[Wo3mRwpAAEoAADUeqtEAAACG] Exception caught: Internal error in ApiQueryAllUsers::execute: Saw more duplicate rows than expected"

Does that help moving forward?

Apparently once you enter a username, the extension starts querying the API. In my case https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&format=json&list=allusers&auprefix=MarcoAu will start giving errors.

And same here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:ApiSandbox#action=query&format=json&list=allusers&aufrom=MarcoAurelio

{
    "error": {
        "code": "internal_api_error_MWException",
        "info": "[Wo3vKwpAEDUAAI5M8FQAAAAK] Exception caught: Internal error in ApiQueryAllUsers::execute: Saw more duplicate rows than expected"
    },
    "servedby": "mw1288"
}

@Anomie Any idea why is that happening?

This was a copy of T118625: Internal error in ApiQueryAllUsers::execute: Saw more duplicate rows than expected and T74560: Duplicate rows in ipblocks table causing exceptions from ApiQueryAllUsers.

I'm going to run some queries and see which wikis somehow managed to not get cleanupBlocks.php correctly run back when the original bug was happening, then re-run it.

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2018-02-22T01:01:10Z] <anomie> Running cleanupBlocks.php on mediawikiwiki for T187834

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2018-02-22T01:05:48Z] <anomie> Running cleanupBlocks.php on more wikis for T187834: alswiki bgwiki bhwiki cawiki dewiki elwiki eswiki frwiki hewiki hiwiki huwiki hywiki jawiki jawikibooks jawikinews jawikiquote jawikisource jawiktionary kawiki kowiki mswiki mswiktionary rowiki sourceswiki

Anomie closed this task as Resolved.Feb 22 2018, 1:14 AM
Anomie claimed this task.

All the screwed-up blocks should have been cleaned up now.

mmodell changed the subtype of this task from "Task" to "Production Error".Aug 28 2019, 11:09 PM