I am user:Barek, and primarily edit on en.wiki. I am requesting that two-factor authentication be disabled on my account.
Due to a cell phone failure, my Google Authenticator app lost all data. Afterwards, I also learned that my printout of hard-copy backup code had been lost. As a result, I have lost the ability to log into my account on new devices. However, I still have access on my home laptop (at least until such time as I get logged out or my laptop dies). Unfortunately, I also cannot disable two-factor authentication myself as the two-factor code is also required to disable it in my own preferences section.
For evidence that I own this account, please see my post at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(technical)#Question_re:_Two_Factor_Authentication
- User has still access to the Wikimedia account and has confirmed the 2FA lost
- User has access to an account linked to the Wikimedia account (Phabricator) and has confirmed the 2FA lost
- Checkuser for global account
- Checkuser for local enwiki account
- Confirmation received by mail
Trust & Safety notification:
To James, per IRC, 2018-04-07 23:45 UTC, ack'ed 23:50 UTC.