- occurs for me on firefox, chrome, and IE browsers (so far)
- visit https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:TableEdit
- log in if not already logged in
- enter edit mode on an existing topic
- click in the empty line at the end of the topic
- hit backspace to remove the empty line
- save your changes by clicking "Publish Changes" button.
- click publish again, in the summary window, without adding a comment.
- page is now in read-mode. notice the tabs-- you're on the "Read" tab.
- check the address bar-- "action=edit" is STILL unexpectedly in the address bar.
- do a browser-refresh (CTRL-r on Chrome)
- page will unexpectedly re-enter edit-mode.
also occurs for me on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API_talk:Import
(Note, if "Stalled" means the OP has not provided complete information, this task isn't stalled.)