Outputting '<sup>β</sup>` as part of logo link, seen f.e. on https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Terrapin_from_Allahabad today, is a bad idea.
- We shouldn't output beta-specific code in production
- This could negatively affect SEO, as some robots ignore CSS and it results in “Wikipedia β” in case we decide for mobile pages to be indexed.
- It also affects possible portability of MinervaNeue to other project
Beta should probably be output via beta-specific JS?!
- includes/skins/MinervaTemplate.php should not be directly accessing MobileContext
- The beta character should not appear in the HTML for stable.
The beta character is defined in the template includes/skins/minerva.mustache
The template will be passed a property "isBeta" and add this conditionally. This value will come from the value of SkinMinerva::OPTIONS_MOBILE_BETA
echo $templateParser->processTemplate( 'minerva', $templateData );
it's important not to use MobileContext directly as this goes against our attempts to separate Minerva from MobileFrontend.
On beta cluster verify the beta character is not in the DOM for stable and IS in the DOM for beta.