Code relating to the talk feature currently lives in 'mobile.talk.overlays and we will move it to webpack.
Similar to the language feature it is lazy loaded.
- code for mobile.talk.overlays module compiled in webpack
- code for mobile.talk.overlays is not loaded on the critical path - it is delayed until an image is clicked (see also T210210)
- critical js size (mobile.startup.js + mobile.common.js) has not increased. Beware of any modules that are shared among the lazy loaded chunks and are not in mobile.startup.js. Webpack will excise these into mobile.common.js and increase our critical js size.
- tests are ported to node-qunit (tests/qunit/mobile.talk.overlays)
- Minerva is retained in a mergeable state throughout the migration. No need to worry about cached html but an alias module (empty module with mobile.startup dependency) will be needed if any module renames happen until references in Minerva have been updated.
Sign off steps
[x ] Progress is updated.