- I had a tool whose "Unique tool name" (and LDAP name) was "asdf";
- I tried to change its ID by editing the "Unique tool name" in the toolinfo edit form. The unique name did change to the new name, "primerpedia", but the LDAP name remained "asdf" (see T223597).
- Because of that, I tried to create a new tool that would have the correct LDAP name.
- In the creation tool, I put "primerpedia" in the "Unique tool name" field. I submitted the form without errors and the new tool was created with the "primerpedia" LDAP name.
- When editing the toolinfo for the new tool, the "Unique tool name" field appeared with "toolforge." prepended.
I would have preferred the tool creation form to warn me that this was going to change and offer me a choice, rather than silently resolve the collision.