This task involves the work with making sure legal is comfortable with how we are planning to implement the VE as default A/B test
Changes to communicate to legal
What about the schema is changing?
- We are added a new field – anonymous_user_token – to the EditAttemptStep schema
- The anonymous_user_token field will contain a temporarily-assigned unique ID
- The anonymous_user_token field will only affect anonymous users included in the A/B test.
- These changes are reflected in this diff: Add anonymous user token field
Why are we making these changes?
Questions for legal
- By further de-anonymizing IP editors, would we be putting editors to these wikis at risk?
- If yes, are there certain wikis in this list that we should exclude IP from being included in the test?
- Is it okay for us to create a persistent identifier for anonymous contributors (doing this this would make anonymous contributors "less anonymous")?