Page MenuHomePhabricator

Search results page stops loading midway
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

E.g. at this query it stop loading after the entry for he.wikbooks - https://tools.wmflabs.org/global-search/?q=Foobar&namespaces=0
with pagesource cut-off.

Nothing in webconsole. Confirmed in FF & Chr.
(and thanks for the great tool!)

Event Timeline

Quiddity created this task.Jun 12 2019, 6:20 AM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptJun 12 2019, 6:20 AM
MusikAnimal added a subscriber: MusikAnimal.EditedJun 16 2019, 11:15 PM

Restarting the webservice fixed this. I've no idea why it broke in the first place.

The same issue was reported for SVG Translate at T217815

Thanks for the report!

MusikAnimal closed this task as Resolved.Jun 16 2019, 11:15 PM
MusikAnimal claimed this task.
MusikAnimal moved this task from Backlog to Done on the Tool-global-search board.
Quiddity reopened this task as Open.Jun 19 2019, 8:17 PM

Same problem, re-opening.

I ran into the problem as well.

I'm pretty sure this is the same issue as T225966: Toolforge: File upload to PHP webservice fails because temp file can't be opened. I restarted the webservice again, so we're good for now. Leaving this open till we have a permanent fix

MusikAnimal closed this task as Resolved.Aug 8 2019, 12:55 AM

I've done it the cheap way of restarting the webservice daily via cron. That'll have to do for now.