This task will track the installation of (4) new RE-S-X6-64G-S modules for installation/swap (2 in each) in cr-codfw.
This work will require coordination with the netops team for scheduling and execution.
- Receive in and update procurement task T218794
- Schedule work with @ayounsi and update this checklist with other steps.
- Downtime alerting (Icinga/Librenms)
- Ensure VRRP master is on the other node
- Tune OSPF cost to drain transport links terminating on that device
- Drain local BGP peers (graceful shutdown + deactivate)
- Fail LVS over the ones connected to the other router
- Ensure RE is connected to serial console
- From the doc do Removing the Routing Engine and Installing the Routing Engine RE-S-X6-64G for the backup routing engine
- Warn on IRC that it's going to be bumpy
- From the doc do Verifying and Configuring the Upgraded Routing Engine as the Master All FPCs reboot after this step.
- Verify device is healthy (logs, OSPF/BGP sessions, alarms, alerting)
- Do the 5 steps above for the other RE (now backup)
- Rollback BGP/OSPF/LVS/VRRP changes