Detailed documentation of the opening session open mic and the closing session / showcase will be taken at the Wikimedia hackathon so that other participants and people who were not in attendance will be able to see what happened.
We need a few volunteers to help with this task. Here are the descriptions of the roles. Please sign up below!
Lead note takers will take most of the notes during the session. The note helper will help the lead note taker fill in gaps as they are taking notes. The back up note taker will be watching in case any additional help is needed and will fill in if either note taker is not able to attend the session at the last moment. The link finder will be searching Phab and our wikis to add any relevant links to notes.
- Opening session: Wednesday August 14, 9:30 - 10:30
- Etherpad: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wikimaniahack2019opening
- Lead notes: Quiddity
- Note helper: mmarble
- Back up notes: [[User:DavidMCEddy]]
- Link finder: @Lucas_Werkmeister_WMDE
- See also T230039: Wikimania Hackathon 2019: Opening Session
- Closing session / Showcase, Sunday August 18, 14:30 - 15:30
- Etherpad: https://w.wiki/6sB
- See also T230041: Wikimania Hackathon 2019: Showcase / Closing Session
For the Showcase notes - Ideally, we could end up with something that can easily be converted into something like the wikitable here, which was a good new invention after the Prague hackathon.
That's the priority.
That's what'll be broadcast beyond the attendees. We want something good for non-techies, and/or non-English-first-lang, etc.
A short and precise summation. Not a full transcription of every word spoken (which we've historically done, and then had to edit extensively afterwards)
Note the session should be being video-recorded, too.