Vague placeholder task for creating a standard/documentation wrt the use of webpack in MediaWiki development.
Things in Wikimedia production (that we know about) currently using webpack in some way:
- WVUI (to migrate to Rollup: T272879)
- Section Translation (will migrate to Rollup along with WVUI, no task yet)
- Wikibase Termbox (package.json, via vue-cli-service)
- Wikibase (client/data-bridge package.json, via vue-cli-service)
- MobileFrontend (package.json)
- Popups (package.json)
- mobileapps (pagelib package.json)
- wikistats2 (package.json)
There are some other quasi-webpack-related dependencies floating around for production code/dependencies as well (e.g. 1, 2, etc). And then things that use tools like storybook (MinervaNeue et al) that build artifacts which might end up on places like doc.wikimedia.org.