This task should list all breaking changes that were introduced in MediaUploader that may present themselves when upgrading from UploadWizard. Each item should have a link to the relevant task/patch and a suggested solution. This will be later used in documentation.
Note: the breaks should not be too serious. They should be mostly rare/edge cases or stuff that probably only Wikimedia uses. In short: you shouldn't have to worry about it.
- Scripts for upgrading from older versions of UploadWizard are not shipped with MediaUploader.
- Task/patch: T274913: Remove old update scripts and SQL patches
- Suggested solution: First upgrade UploadWizard to the latest (or a reasonably recent) version, then upgrade to MediaUploader.
- There is no Wikibase support. statements and wikibase config settings were removed.
- There is no special patent and weapon handling for STL files.
- Object references are not supported. labelPickImage, noticeExistingImage and noticeUpdateDelay config settings were removed.
- mwe-upwiz-license-custom-url message was removed
- Campaign:- is now a page reserved for MediaUploader's internal use as the global config anchor.
- Support for logging events using the EventLogging extension was removed.
- The tutorial is a piece of wikitext now, instead of an image. The relevant config settings were removed.
- Extension:Campaigns support was removed.
- The campaign definition schema is now enforced. Campaign schema fields for the removed features are no longer present. Some campaigns may fail to validate.
- Task/patch: T277535: Rewrite campaign JSON Schema validation
- Suggested solution: A new maintenance script (FixCampaigns.php) was added to resolve most of the issues automatically. It is ran when upgrading using the update.php script. Some issues in the campaigns may still remain, they have to be resolved manually.
- The functionality for uploading images directly from Flickr was removed.
- Task/patch: patch
- Suggested solution: The feature was a WMF-specific hack. If you are interested in adding it back in a more general way, see: T277292: Investigate more general upload from a URL functionality
- All messages were renamed from mwe-upwiz-* to mediauploader-*. This means that if you had any message overrides on your wiki, they will stop working.
- Task/patch: T291640
- Suggested solution: MediaUploader removed some messages, but many are analogous to those from UW. You can use the special page Special:PrefixIndex to find any relevant message overrides on your wiki so that you can rename them.
- All CSS classes were renamed from mwe-upwiz-* to mediauploader-*. If you had any custom CSS styles, they will stop working.
- Task/patch: T291640
- Suggested solution: The first release of MediaUploader has an almost identical interface to UW, so you can just substitute the prefix. Note that a future release will include a complete overhaul of the UI.
- (the issue)
- Suggested solution: