This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of <enter the FQDN/hostname of the hosts being setup here>
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
Racking Proposal: No restrictions as this replaces phab1001
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: 1GBE on internal vlan for row. Both IPv4 and IPv6.
Partitioning/Raid: standard sw raid1 2devices
OS Distro: Buster
Per host setup checklist
Each host should have its own setup checklist copied and pasted into the list below.
- - receive in system on procurement task <enter task # here> & in coupa
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - add mgmt dns (asset tag and hostname) and production dns entries in netbox, run cookbook sre.dns.netbox.
- - network port setup via netbox, run homer to commit
- - firmware updates
- end on-site specific steps
- - operations/puppet update - this should include updates to install_server dhcp and netboot, and site.pp role(insetup) or cp systems use role(insetup::nofirm).
- - OS installation & initital puppet run via wmf-auto-reimage or wmf-auto-reimage-host
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.