- - Provide FQDN of system.
- - If other than a hard drive issue, please depool the machine (and confirm that it’s been depooled) for us to work on it. If not, please provide time frame for us to take the machine down.
- - Put system into a failed state in Netbox.
- - Provide urgency of request, along with justification (redundancy, dependencies, etc)
- - Describe issue and/or attach hardware failure log. (Refer to https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Dc-operations/Hardware_Troubleshooting_Runbook if you need help)
- - Assign correct project tag and appropriate owner (based on above). Also, please ensure the service owners of the host(s) are added as subscribers to provide any additional input.
The raid battery on cloudvirt1012.eqiad.wmnet has been stuck in recharging state. The machine remains in use and RAID health is still ok at the moment. The battery might be failing or something else is wrong.
$ sudo hpssacli ctrl slot=0 show detail | egrep 'Cache|Battery' Cache Serial Number: PDNLH0BRH9Y3T0 Wait for Cache Room: Disabled Cache Board Present: True Cache Status: Not Configured Cache Ratio: 100% Read / 0% Write Read Cache Size: 0 MB Write Cache Size: 0 MB Drive Write Cache: Disabled Total Cache Size: 2.0 GB Total Cache Memory Available: 1.8 GB No-Battery Write Cache: Disabled Cache Backup Power Source: Batteries Battery/Capacitor Count: 1 Battery/Capacitor Status: Recharging Cache Module Temperature (C): 38