Currently, both WikibaseLexeme.git and new-lexeme-special-page.git include a few sophisticated workflows and guidelines to enable the smooth development of new features within the Special:NewLexeme(Alpha) page.
In order to ensure easy onboarding for any new developer with a basic background in php and vue.js. these workflows and guidelines should be documented in the appropriate places:
- How: Setup project with submodules
- When and How: Submodule update and commit workflow (npm run bump-special-new-lexeme)
- When and How: Preview local changes in new-lexeme-special-page.git submodule (npm run snl:dev)
- How: Setup development environment
- How: Run development server
- When and How: Linting, formatting and fixing
- Where and How: Running tests (with a short description for what each type of test is for and where it goes)
- If at any point, during working on this ticket, you notice that instructions could be made easier by creating a npm or composer script, please feel free to do so as part of this task given the complexity is not too high.