Steps to replicate the issue (include links if applicable):
- Start with a copy of Transgender history rev. 1085670210 of 20:16, 1 May 2022
- Notice the scope of colon-numeric-named refs (":1", ":2", ":3", ":4")
- Redo edit 1085883126 of 23:38, 2 May 2022 in VE, adding only the text shown in new section "Transgender People and the Medieval Church" and save
- Note the nine new numeric refs added throughout the article (":5" .. ":13")
- Undesirable numeric named refs added to portions of the article not touched by the editor, changing content not intended by the editor, to the detriment of other editors who may wish to work on those sections.
What should happen?
- Do not add numeric-named references not intended by the user.
Software version (skip for WMF-hosted wikis like Wikipedia):
- en-wiki, vector-2010 (but irrelevant)
Other information (browser name/version, screenshots, etc.):