A incident report when submitted is emailed to the configured email addresses. The email that is sent uses the customisable wgReportIncidentEmailFromAddress to specify what email address the email that is sent appears to have come from. However, no name is set.
Most places that send emails specify the name as the value of the message emailsender. Something configurable may be wanted, but by default the value of emailsender could be used.
- Make emails sent for incident reports be sent with a name defined for the "from" email.
Steps to verify
- Use MediaWiki-Docker
- Follow steps on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki-Docker/Configuration_recipes/Mail_handling to setup a mail server
- Rebuild the docker containers to apply the changes to the docker override file (docker compose down and then docker compose up -d)
- Install the ReportIncident extension
- Add the following to your LocalSettings.php:
$wgReportIncidentRecipientEmails = [ 'email@example.com' ]; $wgReportIncidentEmailFromAddress = 'test@localhost';
- Go to a user talk page
- Click on the "Report" button
- Click through to submit a report
- Fill out the form with test data
- Submit the form
- Load http://localhost:8025/
This patch has worked if you see an email and the email has the sender name as "mediawiki". Before this patch the email sender did not have a name defined.