Page MenuHomePhabricator

Special:FirstSteps overwrites existing threads for flag request if LQT is confused
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

See example (also affected by bug 36978 but it's unrelated). The problem seems to be specific to this language, in fact other languages seem to be ok but when I created another thread for this misplaced message it's been created (see https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special:Contributions/Nemo_bis&dir=prev&offset=20120726142046&limit=2&target=Nemo+bis or https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Thread:Project:Translator/_as_assamese_%E2%80%93_%E0%A6%85%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%AE%E0%A7%80%E0%A7%9F%E0%A6%BE&oldid=4039471) and it's shown correctly on [[Project:Translator]] but direct link https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Thread:Project:Translator/_as_assamese_%E2%80%93_%E0%A6%85%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%AE%E0%A7%80%E0%A7%9F%E0%A6%BE gives "No such thread" error, so I assume Special:FirstSteps acts incorrectly base don incorrect info about thread status by LQT.


Version: master
Severity: major
URL: https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Thread:Project:Translator/_as_%E0%A6%85%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%AE%E0%A7%80%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BC%E0%A6%BE_%E2%80%93_%E0%A6%85%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%AE%E0%A7%80%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BC%E0%A6%BE_%282%29&diff=prev&oldid=4039399

Details

Reference
bz38712

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to High.
bzimport set Reference to bz38712.
Nemo_bis created this task.Jul 26 2012, 2:37 PM

There are also reports of people getting a "server error" when trying to request translator rights, dunno if it's related but needs investigation.

Trying to get more info from https://translatewiki.net/wiki/User:Guntijs

(In reply to comment #1)

There are also reports of people getting a "server error" when trying to
request translator rights, dunno if it's related but needs investigation.

Trying to get more info from https://translatewiki.net/wiki/User:Guntijs

It isn't. Bug 38939.

Now if I try to create a thread to request rights in as I get a fatal:

Database query syntaxত ত্ৰুটি হৈছে। ছফ্টৱেৰত থকা কোনো বাগৰ বাবে এনে হব পাৰে। অন্তিমবাৰ চেষ্টা কৰা ডাটাবেচ কুৱেৰীটো আছিল এনেধৰণৰ:
(নিহিত SQL query)
"Thread::insert" ফাংচনৰ পৰা। ডাটাবেচে প্ৰেৰণ কৰা ত্ৰুটি: "1062: Duplicate entry '2634092' for key 'thread_root' (localhost)"।

I managed to delete one if the two existing threads, although with the error below; however even https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?oldid=4039471&action=delete fails saying that someone may have already deleted the thread, I managed to delete only its child.
So from FirstSteps I still get:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "Thread::insert". Database returned error "1062: Duplicate entry '2387954' for key 'thread_root' (localhost)".


Post 22042 has contaminated reply 22854. Expected 22042, got 22040

Backtrace:

#0 /www/translatewiki.net/w/extensions/LiquidThreads/classes/Thread.php(989): Thread->checkReplies(Array)
#1 /www/translatewiki.net/w/extensions/LiquidThreads/classes/DeletionController.php(45): Thread->replies()
#2 /www/translatewiki.net/w/extensions/LiquidThreads/classes/DeletionController.php(48): LqtDeletionController::recursivelyDeleteReplies(Object(Thread), 'Thread padre ca...')
#3 /www/translatewiki.net/w/extensions/LiquidThreads/classes/DeletionController.php(27): LqtDeletionController::recursivelyDeleteReplies(Object(Thread), 'Thread padre ca...')
#4 [internal function]: LqtDeletionController::onArticleDeleteComplete(Object(WikiPage), Object(User), 'test: [[bugzill...', 2634092, Object(WikitextContent), Object(ManualLogEntry))
#5 /www/translatewiki.net/w/includes/Hooks.php(255): call_user_func_array('LqtDeletionCont...', Array)
#6 /www/translatewiki.net/w/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(3871): Hooks::run('ArticleDeleteCo...', Array)
#7 /www/translatewiki.net/w/includes/WikiPage.php(2608): wfRunHooks('ArticleDeleteCo...', Array)
#8 /www/translatewiki.net/w/includes/Article.php(1629): WikiPage->doDeleteArticleReal('test: [[bugzill...', false, 0, true, '')
#9 /www/translatewiki.net/w/includes/Article.php(1466): Article->doDelete('test: [[bugzill...', false)
#10 /www/translatewiki.net/w/includes/actions/DeleteAction.php(38): Article->delete()
#11 /www/translatewiki.net/w/includes/Wiki.php(439): DeleteAction->show()
#12 /www/translatewiki.net/w/includes/Wiki.php(305): MediaWiki->performAction(Object(Article), Object(Title))
#13 /www/translatewiki.net/w/includes/Wiki.php(565): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#14 /www/translatewiki.net/w/includes/Wiki.php(458): MediaWiki->main()
#15 /www/translatewiki.net/w/index.php(59): MediaWiki->run()
#16 {main}

(In reply to comment #3)

Now if I try to create a thread to request rights in as I get a fatal:

To clarify, this is only about FirstSteps (as the rest of the report); creating a new thread with summary "{{LanguageHeader|as}}" works, but now I can't delete that one either at https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?oldid=4579708&action=delete

Can you please try to get steps to reproduce for this? I'm not sure if this is fixable without...

The steps have already been provided, but I can try to make them clearer.

Steps for FirstSteps bug:

  1. Log in as new user or other account without translator status
  2. Request to get translator rights in "as" language

Steps for LQT side of the bug:

  1. Go to Project:Translator
  2. Try and create a thread with "{{LanguageHeader|as}}" as summary
  3. Observe the lottery of random weird results, including

3a) failure at creating the thread
3b) failure at replying at it
3c) success at replying at it, but failure at replying to the reply without overwriting it
3d) failure of deletion of the thread

I'll try to fix this, probably by fixing the corrupted database state by hand.