Original bug title:
jQuery UI 1.9.2 autocomplete makes triggers content vanishing in Chrome, Opera next
This has been reported upstream as https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=388779
Another issue was reported with out gadget cat-a-lot which also uses jQuery UI 1.9.2 autocomplete.
Here is the full description (copy):
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Go to http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rillke/x?withModule=ext.gadget.UserMessages
- Click "Notify this user" in the sidebar
- Start typing in the "Select the template to be added to the user's page..." text-input
What is the expected behavior?
- jQuery UI dialog widget does not disappear, dropdown on top of the dialog widget.
What went wrong?
- jQuery UI dialog widget disappears (though inputs are still accessible)
- some parts are still visible so it really looks like something went wrong with rendering
Does it occur on multiple sites: N/A
Is it a problem with a plugin? No
Did this work before? N/A
Does this work in other browsers? No Opera Next 23.0
Chrome version: 35.0.1916.153 m Channel: stable
OS Version: 6.1 (Windows 7)
Flash Version: Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- When I display:none the #AjaxUmContainer, the outer container becomes visible again.
- Mozilla Firefox (latest RC) and Internet Explorer 11 do not have this issue.
- It became an issue after update to jQuery UI 1.9.2 from 1.8.24
- I am using an ATI Radeon HD 7500G video card.
- Use http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rillke/x?debug=true&withModule=ext.gadget.UserMessages if you want to have pretty JS code
Tracked this further down: It appear to be
<span role="status" aria-live="polite" class="ui-helper-hidden-accessible">58 results are available, use up and down arrow keys to navigate.</span>
which has set css to
solves the issue. Blink should gracefully handle this:
"4.3.8 Unsupported Values
If a UA does not support a particular value, it should ignore that value when parsing style sheets, as if that value was an illegal value."