Use (and improve) the ULS language list to facilitate language selection on the "new translation" dialog.
- Monday 15 December 2014
- Tuesday, 10 March 2015
As a user, I can easily select my languages of interest so that I have a clear idea as to whether my usual languages are supported and can select them quickly.
- Use a Compact language list as in ULS.
- Adjust the list layout to accommodate both long and short lists of languages.
- For a reduced number of languages, the number of columns will be reduced.
- Allow setting the language selection to a neutral state. Clicking on an “X” icon will undo the selection.
- Use decorative styling to distinguish between unavailable languages (not shown), discouraged languages (shown lighter, opacity: 0.5) and regular languages (shown in full opacity) depending on the context (more detail in the design notes).