Page MenuHomePhabricator

Use HTML tags as insertables for MediaWiki messages
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

MediaWiki messages sometimes have HTML tags. This is especially true for apihelp messages. These HTML tags are usually unchanged in the translation, and even if the content of the tag is changed, it would be comfortable to have them clickable (especially in RTL).

Event Timeline

Amire80 created this task.Jul 23 2015, 12:51 AM
Amire80 raised the priority of this task from to Normal.
Amire80 updated the task description. (Show Details)
Amire80 added a subscriber: Amire80.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptJul 23 2015, 12:51 AM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: TerraCodes. · View Herald TranscriptNov 8 2016, 10:15 AM
MtDu added a subscriber: MtDu.Nov 8 2016, 11:21 AM

@Amire80
Could you clarify what you mean bt insertable?
Thanks,
MtDu

I just added definition to https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:Translate/Glossary

These live in the translatewiki repository along with the project configuration.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:Translate/Insertables has more info.

@Amire80: Do you plan to mentor this in GCI (as you added that tag)? If so, please add yourself as a mentor. Thanks!

@Amire80: Do you plan to mentor this in GCI (as you added that tag)? If so, please add yourself as a mentor. Thanks!

Done! (I think.)

Change 329134 had a related patch set uploaded (by Phantom42):
Use HTML tags as insertables for MediaWiki messages

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/329134

Change 329134 merged by jenkins-bot:
Use HTML tags as insertables for MediaWiki messages

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/329134

nikitavbv closed this task as Resolved.Jan 5 2017, 2:41 PM
nikitavbv claimed this task.
nikitavbv added a subscriber: nikitavbv.

Marking this as resolved, because change was merged.

Somewhat belatedly, I wanted to express my appreciation for this patch.

I'm now using this functionality regularly as a translator, and I also found a but thanks to it, which I just fixed: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/338964/ . It's a very small bug, but I'm sure I'll find this functionality helpful again in the future.

Thank you.