[Bug] broken edit summaries in Wikidata ‏wbcreateclaim-create entries in the watchlist in the Hebrew Wikipedia
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

In my watchlist in the Hebrew Wikipedia I see edit summaries such as (<‏wbcreateclaim-create:1|: Property:P106: Q639669>). The corresponding entry in wikidata.org says ‎Created claim: occupation (P106): musician (Q639669) (see https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q12410459&action=history&uselang=en ).

In Hebrew this looks especially ugly, because the RTL direction breaks the < and > characters and a bunch of other things in the appearance, but it's not supposed to happen in the first place, because a corresponding message seems to be translated, so it's just supposed to appear.

(Strangely, when I tried to reproduce this in English and Czech Wikipedias, I couldn't see Wikidata entries in my watchlist at all, but that's probably a different issue - T110825.)

Amire80 created this task.Aug 30 2015, 7:14 AM
Amire80 updated the task description. (Show Details)
Amire80 raised the priority of this task from to Normal.
Amire80 added a subscriber: Amire80.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptAug 30 2015, 7:14 AM
Amire80 moved this task from Backlog to Wikibase on the RTL board.Aug 30 2015, 7:15 AM
Lydia_Pintscher renamed this task from broken edit summaries in Wikidata ‏wbcreateclaim-create entries in the watchlist in the Hebrew Wikipedia to [Bug] broken edit summaries in Wikidata ‏wbcreateclaim-create entries in the watchlist in the Hebrew Wikipedia.Aug 30 2015, 7:31 AM
Lydia_Pintscher raised the priority of this task from Normal to High.
Lydia_Pintscher set Security to None.
Lydia_Pintscher added a subscriber: aude.

It seems that summaries are indeed propagated to clients where they cannot be handled yet.

Lydia_Pintscher raised the priority of this task from High to Unbreak Now!.Aug 30 2015, 10:14 AM
Lydia_Pintscher added a subscriber: Lydia_Pintscher.
Amire80 updated the task description. (Show Details)Aug 30 2015, 10:15 AM

Change 234911 had a related patch set uploaded (by Aude):
Don't display broken, unparsed comments in client recent changes

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/234911

Change 234911 merged by jenkins-bot:
Don't display broken, unparsed comments in client recent changes

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/234911

Change 234990 had a related patch set uploaded (by Aude):
Don't display broken, unparsed comments in client recent changes

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/234990

Change 234990 merged by jenkins-bot:
Don't display broken, unparsed comments in client recent changes

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/234990

Change 234991 had a related patch set uploaded (by Aude):
Update Wikidata - Fix formatting of client edit summaries

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/234991

Change 234991 merged by jenkins-bot:
Update Wikidata - Fix formatting of client edit summaries

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/234991

aude closed this task as Resolved.Aug 31 2015, 3:21 PM
aude claimed this task.
aude removed a project: Patch-For-Review.

we deployed the fix.

aude moved this task from Review to Done on the Wikidata-Sprint-2015-08-18 board.Aug 31 2015, 3:22 PM