As a first step, these language codes should be added to the PHP definition of ContentLanguages, so that they are available but not yet present in the JS-based suggester. This reduces duplication of configuration.
- Mentioned Here
- T74590: [Bug] Monolingual code is missing for Kvensk (fkv), Romani (rom) and Scandoromani (rmg-variant)
T98314: [Bug] add Talossan (tzl) to Wikidata
T125064: [Task] Define and document process for requesting language codes for monolingual text values
T125073: [Story] Replace bad, but currently necessary language codes
I will look into adding the following language codes to the list of language codes available for monolingual text values:
- fkv (Kvensk) T74590
- rom (Romani) T74590
- rmg (Scandoromani) T74590
- Akkalasamisk (sia) - dead language
- Kildinsamisk (sjd) - 800 users
- Kemisamisk (sjk) - dead language
- Tersamisk (sjt) - 6 users
- Enaresamisk (smn) - 250 users
- Skoltesamisk (sms) - 400 users
- Umesamisk (sju) - 10 users
- Pitesamisk (sje) - 20 users
- Lulesamisk (smj) - 2000 users
- Talossan (tzl) T98314 https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikidata_Talossan
- Cape Verdean Creole (kea) (link)
- Finnish Swedish (sv-fi) (link)
- Korean (Hanja) (ko-kore?) (link)
- Koyukon (koy) (link)
- Lakota (lkt) (link)
- Old High German (goh) (link)
- lld (Ladin language, Q36202, spoken by some 30.000 people on the Dolomiti mountains in Italy)
- ett (Etruscian)
Initial support will probably be really bare-bones. That means that the language code might not have a pretty name and will not be available from the language code suggester. You will be able to save and retrieve it, though.
I'll also T125064: [Task] Define and document process for requesting language codes for monolingual text values, so that this will become much easier for you in the future.
I won't do sr-cyrl now, but as part of T125073.
- kea is about terms, not monolingual text
Waiting for responses:
- Asked on T74590 for statements on the languages from Norway so that I can check usage
- Asked on T98314 for statements on tzl
- Asked for statements on sv-fi
- Will talk to @Nikki about ko-kore. kore is already the default script for ko, so we shouldn't add it. We could add ko-hang and ko-hani (although hani is generic Han, not Hanja).
- Asked for statements on koy
Good to go:
Still have to look at:
- goh (user left Wikidata and request was unspecific)