There are a number of questions at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:PageImages and tasks in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/pageimages/ that could potentially be answered once we have clearer documentation, at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:PageImages , about how exactly the extension works (including all configuration options, with examples) , and how exactly it is currently configured on Wikimedia sites (and if there are variations regarding the extensions that use it, giving details about them),
- How does it select images?
- (details about dimensions?
- does it avoid any types of templates?
- does it now avoid non-fairuse images per T124225? If so, how?)
- How can the selection be overridden, if at all?
- How can mistaken selections, where there is no replacement image, be purged/reset? (e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Agnes_Boulton&action=info is currently showing her husband's picture)
Please add all details to https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:PageImages not here! :-)