Week 1 (23 May - 29 May)
- rechecked and retested current sniffs
- moved developed environment from Windows to Linux
- discussed the details about comment sniff with mentors
Week 2 (30 May - 5 Jun)
- Add a sniff for comments of a function.
- Add a sniff for detecting whether a space is shown before a control structure brace.
- Fix: now the sniff can fix the situation where multiple whitespaces shown after the single-lined comment token (“//” or “#”).
Week 3 (6 Jun - 12 Jun)
- Put the failed examples and passed examples into a file.
- make sure no empty line at the begin of function.
Week 4 (13 Jun - 19 Jun)
- Give warnings to function namings using lower camel case
- Make sure no comment like /*** fail ***/(coding)
Week 5 (20 Jun - 26 Jun)
- Comments should start with new line.
- Make sure no comment like /*** fail ***/
- check if the code use PHP superglobals (like $_GET, $_POST, etc) (coding)
Week 6 (26 Jun - 3 Jul)
- Brace should be placed on the same line as the start of class (In progress)
- Construct array of configures (In progress)
- Finish a sniff for checking if there are code using PHP superglobals like $_GET and $_POST, etc.
Sorry for late in submitting last week's report. I have only limited Internet access until tomorrow since I moved into my new apartment last weekend.
Week 7 (4 Jul - 11 Jul)
- Working on construct array of configures (designing and will discuss with mentor soon).
- Wrote a new sniff for detecting and fixing the missing brace placed on the same line as the start of class.
- Update the sniff for detecting illegal inline comments - removed the detection and fix for document comments.
Week 8 (12 Jul - 17 Jul)
- Construct array of configures: deferred. We have to find a graceful way to inspect a class's behaviour under the PHPCS environment.
- Working on a testing demo sniff of detecting $this->msg() usage.
Week 9 (18 Jul - 24 Jul)
- Working on a testing demo sniff of detecting $this->msg() usage. By solving this problem we can apply the same pattern on detecting wfRequests(), etc.
- Ready to submit a patch for detecting $dbr->query().
- Topics on $wgExtensionFunction and deprecated functions detection remains discussion.
Week 10 (25 Jul - 31 Jul)
- Working on a testing demo sniff of detecting $this->msg() usage. => Demo submitted. Need to collect a list of classes derived from ContextSource.
- Ready to submit a patch for detecting $dbr->query(). Submitted.
Week 11 (1 Aug - 7 Aug)
- Creating a list of classes that were derived from ContextSource.
Week 12 (8 Aug - 14 Aug)
- Creating a list of classes that were derived from ContextSource (WIP).
- Extend the sniff for detecting $wgUser, $wgRequest, etc (Todo).
Week 13 (15 Aug - 21 Aug)
- Modifying certain globals ($wgUser, $wgResourceModules, etc) inside a $wgExtensionFunction where it is either too early or late to do so(Todo)