Week 1 [ 23 May - 29 May ]
- Started coding for the task T134934 which is to convert Special:Contributors to use OOJS/UI.
- Pushed patch to gerrit for T134934 . Patch can be found here.
- Went through the following documentation - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Hooks/LoadExtensionSchemaUpdates#Summary
- Started working on task T134935 which is to create a Contributors database table.
Week 2 [ 30 May - 5 June ]
- Submitted a patch for creating db table for Contributors extension related to the phab task T134935
- Weekly meeting held at slack group on June 3rd. Discussed upon the next task to be completed. And decided to work on creating a maintenance script to populate the Contributors table.
- Went through a number of maintenance scripts. Also read through the documentations https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Writing_maintenance_scripts/pl and https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Database_access.
- Started coding for the task T134938.
Week 3 [ 6 June - 12 June ]
- Worked further on writing a maintenance script to populate the contributors table created (T134935).
- Weekly meeting held at slack group on June 7th. Further discussed on the implementation of the script and clarified existing queries.
Week 4 [ 13 June - 19 June ]
- Submitted first patch set to gerrit for the task T134938 .Patch can be found here.
- Further worked on the task T134938 . And submitted subsequent patchsets 2,3,4 to gerrit. Patches can be found here .
- Pushed patchset 7 for the task T134935 with edits made according to the remarks given to the previous patchset.
- Weekly meeting held at slack group on June 17th. Discussed upon the next task to work on. The next step is to have the contributors table to be updated after every edit using hooks.
- Started working on the task T134939.
Week 5 [ 20th June - 26th June ]
- Got the patch for T134934 merged! It aims at enabling the Special pages for Contributors extension to use OOjs/UI. Patch can be viewed here.
- Submitted patchsets for the phab task T134938 as per the reviews given for the previous patchsets. Patches can be viewed here.
- Submitted patches for the ticket for creating contributors table with minor changes as per the previous reviews.Patch can be viewed here.
- Went through https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Hooks/PageContentSaveComplete as the task T134939 aims at updating the contributors table with each edit made. PageContentSaveComplete Hook provides the necessary parameters for writing an event handler for updating the table. Worked on understanding how Hooks work, how to implement the Hooks:PageContentSaveomplete and continued coding for the same.
- Submitted the midterm evaluation.
Week 6 [ 27th June - 3rd July ]
1. June 27th to June 30th
- Submitted 2 more patchsets for the task T134938 , worked on getting the maintenance script working. Patchsets can be viewed here.
- Further worked on task T134939 .
2. July 1st
- Submitted first patch for the task T134939 , for updating the contributors table after each edit. Patch can be viewed here.
- Weekly meeting held at Slack group - Discussed upon the next task to work on. The next step will be to have the the Special:Contributors to use the contributors table created. Also discussed about the existing patchsets in review.
- Started working on the task T134940.
3. July 2nd
- Continued to work further on T134939 . Tried to get the cn_revision_count correct.
- Further worked on task T134940 .
4. July 3rd
Week 7 [ 4th July - 10th July ]
1. July 4th
- Submitted first patch for T134940 .
- Fixed the existing issues the task T134940 had and submitted a patch. Patch can be viewed here.
- Also submitted a patch for T134938 according to the reviews from earlier patches. Patch can be viewed here.
- Continued to work on T134938 . Tried to fix the issues with the increment of the revision_count.
- Created a task T139455 for tracking all the features yet to be worked on , in the extension.
- Was away. Did not work on anything.
- Submitted a patch for the task T134939. Fixed the existing issues. :)
- Weekly meeting held at slack group - Discussed on the so far progress and also the next set of features to be added to the extension.
July 9th - 10th
- Was away.
Week 8 [ 11th July - 17th July ]
1. July 11th
- Starting working on tracking the anonymous contributors separately.
- ( Was travelling )
- Submitted patches for the tasks T134935 - patch here , T134938 patch here , T134939 patch here , by making the necessary changes to the existing code to get the anonymous users separately.
- Started working on T139878.
- Continued to work on T139878 which aims to give an option to filter out the IP addresses while listing the contributors.
- Started coding for T139883.
- Weekly meeting was held at Slack group. Discussed upon the remaining tasks to be completed.
- Submitted first patch for T139878 . Patch can be viewed here.
- Also had started with T139880 . But later on decided not to.
Week 9 [ 18th July - 24th July ]
- Continued coding for T139878 , revised the patch according to the reviews.
- Also coded worked on T139883 .
- Weekly meeting held at Slack group - Decided to work on T139882 and T139887.
- Went through the code for Special:PrefixIndex to get an idea on how to implement the same in T139882 which will get the contributors to the subpages too.
- Submitted a patch for T139887. patch can be viewed here.
- Also fixed the existing issues with the patch for T139878 and uploaded a patchset.
Week 10 [ 24th July - 31th July ]
- Continued to work on T139879.
2. July 25th
- was away.
3. July 26, 27 , 28th
- Further worked on T139882 , T139887 .
- Facing issues with the patch for T139879 , trying to solve it.
4. July 29th
- Weekly meeting held at slack.
- First patch submitted for T139879 , which is [WIP].
5. July 30th
- pushed another patchset for T139879.
6. July 31st
- Continued to work on changes as per review to the previous patch for T139879.
Week 11 [ 1st August - 7th August ]
- Pushed another patchset for T139879 .
- Tried to solve the issues encountered while getting the Special:Contributors through Main Contributors link. ( related to the T139879 patch)
- Continued coding for T139882 .
- Continued to fix existing issues with patch for T139879.
- pushed another patch with the necessary changes for the task T139879.
6. August 6 - 7th
Week 12 [ 8th August - 14th August ]
- Started working on T139886 , T139885 , T139884 ,where the contributors list generated can be downloaded in HTML, json and plain text format .
- Tried to solve issues with the patch for T139882 where the contributors list must be shown based on page prefix.
- Submitted patch for T139879 making necessary amends as per reviews.
- Worked on getting to implement T139886.
- Worked existing issues with T139882.
- Submitted another patch for T139882 .
- Resolved issues with patches for T139882 , T139883 , T139882 .
- Weekly meeting at Slack channel . Briefly discussed about the remaininf tasks to be completed.
- Started working on T134941 .
12.August 14th -15th
- was unwell . Could not work on anything .
Week 12 [ 15th August - 21th August ]
- Continued to work on T134941.
- Coded for T134941 . Tried to rectify the code to proper to work correctly.
3. August 18th
- Submitted first patch for T134941.
- Also tried to develop a proper solution for coding T139886 , T139885 , T139884 .
4. August 19th
- Submitted patches with changes as per reviews for T134941.
5. August 20th
- Submitted patch for T134933 where the composer.json file was added.
- Started writing final evaluation report.
- Continued to fix existing issues with T134941.
- Also worked on T139886.
6. August 21th - 22nd
- Was unable to work as I was down with fever .