/mnt is legacy. Time to move to /srv :]
|Resolved||hashar||T146381 Migrate CI labs slaves to use /srv instead of /mnt|
|Resolved||hashar||T146382 Jenkins: /srv/deployment/integration/slave-scripts/bin/mw-install-mysql.sh: No such file or directory|
I am 80% done with it.
- have to point jobs to use the tmpfs under /srv https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/312330/
- the drop from puppet/unmount the tmpfs under /mnt
Then make the slave::common::labs role to use role::labs::lvm::srv instead of the mnt one. But, the puppet compiler does not use the CI puppet master and is stuck to /mnt for now :(
There are impact on the beta cluster slave as well. But it has a conflicting cherry pick so it will not break magically. Should be easily fixable.
I have quickly talked about it with @Joe . The migration plan is:
- mark the node offline at https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/computer/compiler02.puppet3-diffs.eqiad.wmflabs/
- Disconnect it (link in left side bar)
- On https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/computer/compiler02.puppet3-diffs.eqiad.wmflabs/configure update "Remote root directory" from /mnt/jenkins-workspace to /srv/jenkins-workspace
compiler02.puppet3-diffs.eqiad.wmflabs is attached to the global labs puppet master, hence the patch needs to be merged first:
|https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/312523/||move from /mnt to /srv|
|https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/330412/||Migrate puppet compiler instance from /mnt to /srv|
Then on the instance:
- kill anything that might be using /mnt (lsof /mnt)
- run puppet
- make sure /mnt is unmounted and no more in /etc/fstab
Mark Node online again:
Run a build and verify the build and PPC config are in a sane state.