This is urgent, blocking work so please help limit scope. This task is finished when the following features are verified working:
- Ops can package and deploy the tool.
- stdout logfiles are written one file per job run. (T161155)
- Devs can run jobs one-off.
- Runs jobs according to a code-generated crontab.
- Never drop logs even (especially!) if the process is killed unexpectedly. (T161571)
- Failmail when job exits with non-zero return code--let not perfect be thine enemy.
- Nobody can accidentally run the script as their own user.
- Working workaround for specific chained jobs. (T161035)
- Jobs configuration is sync'ed to /var/lib/process-control with localsettings. Read-only.
- Global configuration file is synced to /etc/process-control.yaml
- Devs have sudo access to the scripts and can pass any CLI params.
- jenkins g+ws /var/log/process-control
- cron-generate can somehow write to /etc/cron.d/process-control
Not in MVP scope
- Devs can kill jobs.
- Log actions and errors to syslog. Echo to console when os.isatty()
- script to list all jobs and statuses (T161584)
- should be able to disable groups of jobs (T160699)
- repeated failure handling (T161567)
- Turn process-control lock module into a context manager (T161536)
- Clean up deb packaging once we're on Jessie.
- 100% test coverage coziness.