Collaboration-Team-Triage will take over user-facing stuff and put it into a new extension and all of the basic MW platform stuff will ideally be all that remains in Extension:ORES. We need to list out the user-facing functionality to maintain parity with. When all features are reimplemented, handoff is complete, and new Extension:ORES deployments won't substantially affect UX.
We can negotiate some of these features away if needed.
Inventory of existing features:
- Score filtering is available on changes lists including Special:Contributions, watchlists, and recent changes.
- Changes list can be filtered and highlighted by whether a change falls into each classification.
- Scoring API is queried efficiently when filtering a changes feed.
- Hide problem edits by default, according to preference. (Negotiable? Currently there are separate preferences for recent changes and watchlist. Special:Contributions does not have the option.)
- Patrolled changes should have highlighting cleared and be filtered along with "very likely good", regardless of ORES scores.
- Whether damaging and good faith filters are shown is dependent on whether those models are supported for the current wiki.
- Extension:ORES will be split so that infrastructure and UX code are in different directories and namespaces, to simplify ownership.
- Special:Contributions will continue to use the basic filter style, and we need to figure out how preferences will interact with that.
- Existing ORES preferences can be deprecated once RC filters is fully deployed.
- We're punting on "patrolled" pages interacting with RC filters. This should be mentioned in RC filters and ORES release notes.
- Scoring Platform team will be able to deploy the extension with the UI disabled, and Collaboration can throw the final switch.