This task is about collecting feedback on the Wikimedia technical areas diagram that we show while introducing Wikimedia technical areas at hackathons and developer events. This session is usually organized to give newcomers an overview before they dive into the projects and to help them get started.
I am hoping to meet with 1 or 2 experienced developers and gather feedback on:
- Our (my) understanding of the technical areas diagram
- Improve the diagram and ensure it is correct
- Figure out a way to separate technical & non-technical pieces
- Prioritize what to showcase first from onboarding newcomers perspective
- Figure out where projects like Wikidata, ORES, Huggle, WikiEd dashboard, Bots, Notifications that we often promote at our events fit in these blocks