Front end development requirements for the Research landing page.
High priority (needed to launch)
- sub-page to parent page nav currently, you can't navigate directly from a level-2 nav item back to the parent page. For example, if I'm on increasing-diversity.html and want to go back its parent page, projects.html, I can't do that directly. I would need to click on some other level-1 page and then click on "Projects".
- Implement new classes @cmadeo's prototype is pretty close to the current style guide, but there are a couple of 'new' elements. The most important of these, from my point of view, are what I'm calling the "preview cards" (for lack of a better term) that are used here to display previews of featured projects. There are also some slight differences between Carolyn's prototype and the Style Guide framework in the styling of some items in the header and footer (for example, the social media icons), and I don't know how to implement these in the current stylesheet.
- Team member cards with a headshot, name, and title.
- Three-column link list under the "Resources and Links" section of this mock
Normal priority (needed to assure maintainability)
- templating system for navigation, header, and footer: so we don't have to manually update every page when we add a new list item or change a link
- JS/CSS to automatically highlight current page in nav so we don't have to manually make this change on each new page we add
Some of these requirements may already be addressed in the WikimediaUI Style Guide framework. If so, we'll need pointers to those.