Currently, access to the URL used to test the Remex + Electron based book rendering workflow (Special:RenderBook/test) is unrestricted.
- Restrict access to the special page to the Readers Web/Infra engineers and PO (@ovasileva)
- @Tgr submitted a change as part of T175868, which restricts access to the URL to users with "(WMF)" in their name
- Per T175868#3681307, you have to be an admin to register names with WMF in 'em
- In T175868#3686340, @Tgr explained how to create a new group with the "testpdf" right.
- This seems a little more involved but superior to the above in that it provides finer grained access control. OTOH, do we really need that?
- In T178289#3688851, @Jdlrobson suggested that we should simply disable the testing URL until we're ready to test the concatenation feature
- Move the logic from @Tgr's change to the Collection extension (a hybrid of @Tgr's change and @Jdlrobson's change)