Up-to-date info about the session here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Conference_2018/Program/47
In this session:
- The Structured Data on Commons team shares a brief overview of the changes coming to Commons
- Affiliate representatives share a bit about their programs involving Commons
- In small groups, identify the ways programs could change when structured data is introduced on Commons
- Brainstorm ways to incorporate SDC into programs around Commons
- Hone some of these ways into potential pilot projects
- Participants leave with a long list of high-potential pilot projects which could amplify the impact their activities for 2018-2019 using Structured Commons.
- Participants understand the large upcoming changes to Commons, and can communicate how these changes affect their multimedia program activities to their colleagues, volunteers, and partners.
- The Structured Commons team knows what affiliates need (e.g. training, documentation, tools) to confidently start working on Structured-Commons-powered Commons projects.
Next Steps and Milestones
The WMF GLAM team will follow up with affiliates on potential pilot projects and what is needed to launch them.