When importing a file using Special:ImportFile the version history is imported and there are one or two revisions for the import: the import Imported with FileImporter from… and optionally the change by the user on the page-content while importing.
In between the original history and those two revisions there is another revision that should not be present: This has the timestamp of the import but the author who uploaded the latest file revision and the edit summary <USER> upload bot uploaded File:<Filename>". This revision should not exist.
- imported: http://mwfileimport.wmflabs.org/wiki/index.php?title=File:Paris_-_Palais_du_Louvre.jpg&action=history
- original history: https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Paris_-_Palais_du_Louvre_-_PA00085992_-_56.jpg&action=history
T192352: Investigation: Fake Revision in version history
Per T192352#4174039 there are two ways we could go:
let the fake revision be created and remove it immediately. What would be the implications? change the order of imports: In T147451: Gracefully handle transfer failures we decided not to import any text as long as the file import wasn't finished. What would be the impliecations of changing that?
- due to findings in T193621#4191044 we will avoid the creation of that revision in the first place 
- Have a clear idea how the fake revision can be removed, and know about the consequences and costs of it
- Have it implemented and working