Ambox templates are used on pages other than the main namespace - notably template, categories and talk to provide information to editors.
For example talk pages:
When bucketed with the new treatment
The issues are not accessible.
It also seems our recent changes have caused a regression with the display of these issues. Note well that this regression was fixed in T199005#4409931.
- Restore the "about this page" link for talk and category namespace. A/B test should not apply here.
- Do not render issues if their html is an empty string.
- Make it clear in the code that this code should be retained post A/B test
- Ensure both A and B groups are accessible for http://reading-web-staging.wmflabs.org/wiki/Pharmacovigilance. In one treatment the "page issues" link renders under the heading, and in the other the banner should be visible and clickable
- Check that on "Category:Use_American_English_from_January_2014", "Talk:Sandwich" and "Talk:Pharmacovigilance" show a "About this page" link under the title regardless of whether you are in groups A or B of the A/B test.
sign off notes
As part of sign off, we'll want to work out the long term plan for dealing with these type of amboxes. Options involve keeping both versions around; redesigning these amboxes or displaying them (despite the impact on appearance)