As part of T190350: Epic: ⚡️ Partial blocks we plan to build in an option for T199918: Allow a user to be blocked from creating pages only which blocks a user from creating any page in all namespaces. There could be a case for a user to be blocked from just creating a few specific pages.
- A user keeps creating self-promotional articles for themselves, their business, or their garage band
- A user is topic banned/blocked from a topic where new pages are commonly created (e.g. annual sports events, etc.)
In T2674: Allow users to be blocked from editing a specific article or all articles inside a namespace we are planning to store the pages by pageID to allow for page renames (e.g. a user should still be blocked from 'Hello World (album)' if it is renamed 'Hello World (FooBar Fighters album)'). This also solves for most cases of page deletions.
- In the Special:Block interface, an admin can specify non-existent pages (never created or deleted) to block a user from.
- The blocked user should not be able to create that page.
- If the page is created by another user, the blocked user should not be able to edit that page.