THIS TICKET NEEDS TO BE REWRITTEN TO ACCOMMODATE NEW FILTER LOGIC. ALSO WORKLIST IS NOW IN RELEASE III, SO THIS CAN WAIT UNTIL RELEASE II. THE DESIGN PRIORITY NOW IS T216280
Deliverable: designs for 1) the Worklist filter and 2) the Event Metrics Settings page and Event-Setup workflow including Worklist.
The Worklist filter enables users to restrict metrics to a specific list of articles to be created (redlinks) or improved (bluelinks).
Worklist Filter Requirements/Parameters
- Users will enter a list of article names or URLS, one per line, into an entry box.
- Names may be for redlinks or bluelinks.
- Each entry box will be for a particular wiki, so will need to be accompanied by some kind of Wiki Selector
- [I suppose the wiki selector should be limited to the wikis specified for the event, as is done for the Categories? If not, we'd have to create an error message to tell users they have added links for a wiki not in their specified set of wikis.]
- Once the article names are saved, they should be displayed somewhere (where?) as a list, in alphabetical order.
- On save, it would be nice if we could show which ones were redlinks and which blue (this does not have to be done with colors, though that is a wiki standard). This status would be updated on the list each time the data gets Updated.
- The Worklist filter will be located on, or at least accessible from, the Settings page and incorporated into the Setup Workflow. Settings will also incorporate the Participants and Categories filters, currently located on the Event Summary page.
- The minimum event-setup requirement will be Event = Wiki AND Timeperiod AND (Worklist OR Participants) In other words, users must configure Worklist or Participants, at a minimum. (They may also combine the two.)
- Users may not combine Worklist + Categories. Categories may be combined with Participants only. This means poses a design challenge: how to convey clearly that Categories is, in effect, a sub-feature of Participants?
- Each filter configured narrows the results. I.e., the relationship among filters is AND. Our language and presentation should make this clear.
- The plan for rewriting the Settings page is to not use Symphony. This means we can make certain changes, like being able to Save valid usernames on Save (instead of not saving anything if there is one invalid name, as currently). However, we should keep as much of the UI and functionality as possible from the existing filters, so that the code can basically be copied.
The following elements will populate the Event Settings page
Existing Event Setup Fields (all required)
These fields are all already on the setup page; all are required.
- + Add wikis
- +All Wikipedias
- Time, with calendars and clock tools
- Time Zone
Filters (one of Worklist or Participants required)
- Categories [Requires Participants)