|Resolved||None||T205125 [EPIC] Encourage more editing in the Android app via an "App Editor Tasks" list (aka Edit Action Feed)|
|Open||Mholloway||T212793 Build infrastructure required to support the Suggested Edits feature|
|Open||Mholloway||T218136 Deploy Extension:WikimediaEditorTasks to production|
|Resolved||Mholloway||T218137 Deploy Extension:WikimediaEditorTasks to Beta|
AIUI (@Jdforrester-WMF please correct me if wrong) he steps needed are:
- add the extension to make-wmf-branch
- make wmf/1.33.0-wmf.20 and wmf/1.33.0-wmf.21 branches in the extension (probably not necessary? but won't hurt); also wmf/1.33.0-wmf.22 if the next MediaWiki branch cut happens before this
add the extension to mediawiki/extensions as a submoduleThis was done a while ago, in c487058. Probably should be updated to point to the current version, though.
- add the extension to the wmf/1.33.0-wmf.20 and wmf/1.33.0-wmf.21 branches of mediawiki/core as a submodule (docs)
- in production, pull the new mediawiki/core commits for those branches, do a git submodule update --init extensions/WikimediaEditorTasks
- run scap sync
- deploy all the config patches above
- (bonus: fix our docs to actually mention this)
Steps 1-4 can be done any time, and don't depend on each other. Steps 5-7 will have to be done in that order in a deploy window (heads up @greg, we'd like to do this next Monday if possible).
This didn't happen yesterday, between Gerrit/Phab outages and other uncertainty (see https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/core/+/496577/), but I'll plan to get it done between 22:00-23:00 UTC today, immediately following the regularly scheduled (currently unused) Americas MW Train window. @greg Please let me know if there's any problem with this. Thanks!
OK, I'm going to punt on this again, since:
- there's still uncertainty over whether backporting to wmf.21 (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/core/+/496577/) is actually necessary for deploying to beta (see discussion on ticket)
- being live in production but not yet consumed by the apps is effectively the "beta" period for this extension, and production rollout is blocked on performance review