- Set your user language to some non-English language.
- Edit a schema (text). (E12345 is our sandbox schema, prefer testing with that one.)
- Set your user language to English.
- The “check entities against this schema” link is still displayed in your other user language, not in English. (Assuming that message is already translated into the other language.)
For some reason, this does not seem to affect the “edit” link right next to it.
Can currently be seen at https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/EntitySchema:E12345, though the next edit or parser cache purge will break that example.
- A user always sees the text for "check entities against this schema" in their UI language or if that's not available a valid fallback language according to MediaWikis fallback chain