The purpose of this task is to install Redux as an NPM dependency, add any tooling changes needed, initialize the library on application entry, and identify the first part of the codebase to be changed to use the new functionality.
The Redux library has been in use for a long time in the Popups extension so a security review should be unnecessary so long as only Redux and redux-thunk are used.
Initialization should reference Popups's implementation.
- The latest version of Redux is installed in MobileFrontend, initialized on entry, and ready for use.
- Any changes needed to the Webpack and test configurations are considered.
- Document merge and deploy dates, and gzipped increases on the release timeline.
- Deprecations are noted where applicable.
- A part of the code is identified for the initial use and a new subtask of T225455 is made. The new task should require setting good usage patterns, any considerations that should be made for testing Redux'd code, adding any additional documentation necessary, and identifying subsequent subtasks to be made.