We're disabling grouped results on recent changes and would like to have a way to let users know the functionality is missing
<div class="warningbox"> -----COPY FOR NOTICE----- </div>
Copy: "Unfortunately, grouping results by page is not available on mobile. If you would like to use the group by page feature please visit the desktop site."
- Show on the Minerva skin for users who have the "grouped" view preference turned on, or when the enhanced=1 URL param is present.
- Banner should not show on Vector
To do this we'll need to make use of a hook (the special page is defined in core) and only add it for Minerva skin.
The existing hook function onSpecialPageBeforeExecute inside Minerva is probably the best place to add this although will give us limited control over where the banner goes (it places it after the title).
@alexhollender has confirmed location is okay:
Only showing it to users where it's disable will require duplicating some logic in core - checking if the feature is enabled e.g. via user or request query parameter and whether the skin is minerva
Environment: Beta cluster
mobile mode: AMC
user permissions: logged in & anonymous
- As a logged-in user, I set my user preference (link here on beta cluster) to enable "Group changes by page in recent changes and watchlist". With this setting on, when I visit the recent changes page on mobile, I should see a banner informing me that this feature is disabled.
- As an anonymous and logged-in user, if I'm on the recent changes page on mobile, and I add the URL parameter &enhanced=1 to the end of the URL and refresh the page, I should see a banner informing me that this feature is disabled on mobile.
- As an anonymous and logged-in user, If I'm on the desktop version of the recent changes page, and I click the option to "Group results by page" in the date-picker, and I switch to mobile mode, I should see the banner that this option is disable on mobile.