After we switch all the events to eventgate, we will have multiple config properties related to eventbus:
- wmgUseEventBus - decides whether to enable EventBus service for a particular wiki. Currently only disabled for wikitech (perhaps incorrectly, cause wikitech DB name is labswiki, not wikitech)
- wgEnableEventBus - a mapping on which event types are supported on a particular wiki.
- wgEventServiceStreamConfig - per-event configuration. Currently only used to support the destination of the event, which after switching to eventgate completely will be either eventgate-main or eventgate-analytics. Not completely supported, analytics events that are going via monolog do not respect this parameter.
I believe we do not need all of these variables to control eventbus behavior.
- wmgUseEventBus - deprecate and remove in favor of TYPE_NONE in wgEnableEventBus
- wgEnableEventBus - keep.
- wgEventServiceStreamConfig - no really sure. I would be inclined to remove it, but perhaps it would be a good starting point for T205319