The “overwrite” edit flow name does not accurately describe the currently implemented edit flow: it matches the “replace” edit decision (the old value is overwritten), but not the “update” one (the old value stays in place and a new one is added to the same statement group in order to amend it). [Terminology note: the “edit flow” is declared on the bridge link, whereas the “edit decision” is made by the user.] We want to change it before the first templates have to be adjusted, so that people don’t have to change the templates several times.
- The edit flow is instead named single-best-value.
- At this stage, we don’t need backwards compatibility. We don’t support “overwrite” at all anymore.
- Adjust all of our showcase pages to use the new edit flow name (including test and showcase).
- Adjust documentation (DocDraft).
- While the name single-best-value implies that multiple statements can be applicable for Bridge if only one of them has preferred rank, this logic is currently not implemented in Bridge. Bridge only supports single statements so far and will only support that in Step 1.