- Wikitech username: NahidSultan
- Preferred shell username: nsultan
- Email address: nsultan at wikimedia.org
SSH Key: ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAACAQDW3i1gYK4dE2KhqeFFYG99fESZDzajQ3HDb15hD0t+nOACpRqn8XH gXwRecjY5fLl1prwCwbgYEJnWLOZ1xWjmZgfJe2gdGhE4P26y9ekKcRKbm466MKKKlKg87oOI7m8CVR9bnd JCPz86X95+upABqaDiWCKgCMYf3f5UcOO64TgUfpGY0ltlPZHTfQ/ BhGsUzWR5o9DZPxBHWwYz1oQBjvpFiYD8pPG7ZSav3V1dMwoN5Cyr6fxevMzuRLTq+TOgPwW39DQTh1AExn cvjSjJJyTPhiXtg0/gZvNlyhkuKlQYjQCglPmrfkpztXlsHDU4DRK/jYm/ a6tGpCft7VlEN36XdTZ15Hsgf7tC9uWm7DAM057Tll2tKWjRYnrP9dmVcP9M9wiuNmdrDK6FQJzvXkpfNDP CCWTWiJu4VP0DY3mM7CSLMj5XqGHIuIjAclIXlGuMA8jtzfceRK1GuPmVylhWFALKvC5aemTQ81d47hQ08j GIQP4zhpjWqi9uUcVavtRD31GJNLRYi1CnoO1r5SaWaoPXcJ6RZycOkA9kR82uhaf5iOWuAlmHNmTPTG4gJ FPR5jwt1S2fonNRMEB57UEckCxNxGorvAj/WEgJ0EEg/ zXMiMok16i+Chwyoy8G5sJGuCdw5HNPAUV7l2edULBkpUDxA/lAdhwM91uSOQ== nahid@DESKTOPF9O9HU4
I'd like to request access for @Nahid to what I believe will be the restricted group and analytics-privatedata-users (the same that I have). Trust and Safety has had a number of workflows requiring shell access and private analytics logs (hadoop). He is a member of the T&S Operations team alongside @jrbs, I, and other collaborators. Also, Nahid had a previous exposure to the technical infrastructure of the Foundation through his volunteer experience as a steward.
Specifically some of the workflows he needs to be able to do (and I believe needs this access for):
- Run maintenance scripts (mwmaint servers) to:
- To remove 2FA for users who have lost their backup codes (after identity verification)
- To add or reset user email addresses when locked out of their account (again after identity verification)
- To permanently remove illegal images from the servers
- Lookup private information such as user email addresses for legal or T&S investigations (such as urgent threats of harm or court orders).
- Query webserver logs for private information such as IPs which have viewed certain pages (usually court orders)
Nahid has already signed L3. @JanWMF is our people manager and I'll have him comment here in support. As always please let me know if any issues or questions.
SRE Clinic Duty Confirmation Checklist for Access Requests
This checklist should be used on all access requests to ensure that all steps are covered, including expansion to existing access. Please double check the step has been completed before checking it off.
This section is to be confirmed and completed by a member of the SRE team.
- - User has signed the L3 Acknowledgement of Wikimedia Server Access Responsibilities Document.
- - User has a valid NDA on file with WMF legal. (This can be checked by Operations via the NDA tracking sheet & is included in all WMF Staff/Contractor hiring.)
- - User has provided the following: wikitech username, preferred shell username, email address, and full reasoning for access (including what commands and/or tasks they expect to perform)
- - User has provided a public SSH key. This ssh key pair should only be used for WMF cluster access, and not share with any other service (this includes not sharing with WMCS access, no shared keys.)
- - access request (or expansion) has sign off of WMF sponsor/manager (sponser for volunteers, manager for wmf staff)
- - non-sudo requests: 3 business day wait must pass with no objections being noted on the task
- - Patchset for access request
For additional details regarding access request requirements, please see https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_shell_access