As part of SecurePoll improvements, we want to add two logs to the tool. This task is for the first one.
Log for scrutinizing elections admins being added or removed
Sometimes elections on some projects are run with only one or two admins without enough people to effectively check for biases and keep each other accountable. Then just before the election ends, more people can be added as admins which gives the false impression that all those people were election admins throughout. To mitigate this, it would be helpful to have a log that indicates the timestamp when election admins were added/removed for a given election. At minimal, it would be helpful to capture:
- Which election was the new admin added/removed for
- Who added the new admin
- Username for the new admin
- Which action was performed (addition/removal/something else?)
- Timestamp for this action
This log should be available on a wiki page and downloadable as a CSV or Wikitext.
Requirements for this task:
- Technical plan for implementing the logs
- If we run into any technical roadblocks or questions, we should circle back with T&S
- Get DBA approval on the plan