This is not really a redesign but applying fixes to technical issues:
- When searching for a template, the dropdown items show TemplateData descriptions untruncated. Very long descriptions make the items extremely large.
- Several places in the UI (not only while searching for a template but also in the actual editor) have issues with very long words. Horizontal scrollbars appear.
- The subtitle shows the TemplateData description and optional redirect information. The font size is extremely small.
Design decisions made in this patch:
- I decided to show at most 2 lines from the template description.
- The font size for the subtitles in the dropdown is the same as later in the dialog.
- In the dropdown, long words are truncated. This allows to see the text that follows the long word. In the dialog, long words wrap. Here the user can scroll.
Extreme example, before vs. after: