List of steps to reproduce:
- Edit a page with VisualEditor
- Add a Basic reference or edit any one
- Type something in reference content field and keep focus (cursor) inside it
- Press CTRL+Enter (probably CMD+Enter on Mac) on keyboard
What should have happened instead?:
Apply change (for an existing reference) or Insert button (submit button) should be pressed down and dialog should successfully close.
- If you press CTRL+Maj+Enter (“Move focus to contextual popup”), it make what I expected for CTRL+Enter.
- If you press Escape, dialog well closes cancelling changes.
- If you press Tab to switch to Reference group input field, then you press CTRL+Enter, it well submits the dialog. So the shortcut is well attached, it is just disabled from Reference content surface.
Tested with Firefox 78 and Chromium 87 on a Debian system (LXQT desktop environment).